It’s crazy how the arrival of that baby can change everything… Here’s how my life changed.
10 Things I NEVER Thought I’d Do Until I Became a Working Mom
(1) Wear my hear in a bun or a ponytail + wear no make-up – like every day.
(2) Schedule time with my husband to take a shower. Yep.
(3) Adjust to jet-lag instantly on business trips because … well, I’m already up at all hours at home anyway.
(4) Block my work calendar between 4pm and 6pm, and 7am and 9am. Yes, I’m one of those people.
(5) Use half of my vacation allowance to cover sick days or school holidays when I don’t have the day off at work.
(6) Pay someone to watch my children so that I can take a nap.
(7) Learn to deal with sleep deprivation. Okay, maybe I’m not dealing with it well, but hey – I’m dealing with it!
(8) Seek out opportunities to work for and with managers that have children. They just get it – surprisingly, the fathers sometimes get it even more than the mothers.
(9) Present on a conference call with a child in my lap.
(10) Love my job and my family more than anything while also resenting them. (It’s ok to admit it.)
Have Kids, Will Work